|View Our Full Listing of Events|
|This event is hosted by North Central Ohio ESC
If this event is offered by NCOESC
Click here to REGISTER or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phonics First Orton-Gillingham Level I
|Date(s): June 12, 2023 June 13, 2023 June 14, 2023 June 15, 2023 June 16, 2023||Time: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM||Location: NCOESC Tiffin Campus - 928 W. Market St., Tiffin, Oh 44883|
|Registration Fee: $1,365.00||Audience: K-3 General Education Teachers, K-5 Resource Teachers and Special Education Teachers||Graduate Credit: Grad credit available through Brainspring|
|Description: Phonics First Orton-Gillingham Level I qualifies teachers to bring Orton-Gillingham based multisensory instruction to their classrooms. Phonics First transforms struggling readers into skilled learners through our effective, fun, multisensory approach.
Participants learn to teach:
- Alphabet and phonemic awareness strategies
- Basic and advanced phonetic concepts for decoding and encoding
- A Three-Part Drill for structured review
- Tactile/kinesthetic spelling techniques for phonetic and non-phonetic words
- Oral reading/connected text fluency
- Higher-level spelling skills
- Syllabication for multisyllablic words (8 Syllable Types/3 Syllable Patterns)
|Contact Person: Kathleen Mohr||
|Phone: 419-447-2927 x172|
This event is hosted by North Central Ohio ESC
If this event is offered by NCOESC click here to REGISTER or email email@example.com.