Phonics First Orton-Gillingham Level I
Date(s): June 10, 2019 June 11, 2019 June 12, 2019 June 13, 2019 June 14, 2019
Time: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Intended Audience: K-3 General Education Teachers, K-5 Resource Teachers and Special Education Teachers
Registration fee: $1,295.00 with complete kit.
Registration status: Open
Graduate Credit: 1-2 credit hours available for an additional $286.00 per credit hour
Phonics First Orton-Gillingham Level I qualifies teachers to bring Orton-Gillingham based multisensory instruction to their classrooms. Phonics First transforms struggling readers into skilled learners through our effective, fun, multisensory approach.
Participants learn to teach:
- Alphabet and phonemic awareness strategies
- Basic and advanced phonetic concepts for decoding and encoding
- A Three-Part Drill for structured review
- Tactile/kinesthetic spelling techniques for phonetic and non-phonetic words
- Oral reading/connected text fluency
- Higher-level spelling skills
- Syllabication for multisyllablic words (8 Syllable Types/3 Syllable Patterns)